Welcome to the Cliveden Literary Festival 2022 (the “Festival”) terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions govern the sale and purchase of tickets to the Festival, which shall run from 15th – 16th October 2022, and represent the agreement between the Festival organisers, SRE Hotels (Cliveden) Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”), and you when you make a booking.
Conditions of Ticket Sale
1) You must present a valid ticket/e-ticket when entering the Festival. Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate your ticket.
2) Tickets are non-transferrable and are void if resold via any other outlet or third party and we reserve the right to deny access to tickets and/or the Festival to any buyer if the buyer resells or offers for re-sale any ticket through a secondary ticketing facility as defined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
3) Ownership or possession of a ticket does not confer any rights (by implication or otherwise) on you to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of the symbols, trademarks, logos and/or intellectual property appearing on the ticket or at the Festival.
4) Your ticket gives you access to the Festival for the day or days specified on the ticket and to any or all of the events taking place on that day. It does not however guarantee you a seat at any specific event as these are allocated on a first come first served basis.
5) We reserve the right to provide seats at an alternative session to the one you may wish to attend should the availability of the session so reasonably require.
6) Some sessions may be filmed or recorded. By purchasing a ticket to the Festival or attending sessions at the Festival you acknowledge that photographs and moving images may be taken by or on behalf of us as well as by other members of the public and that your image may be included either deliberately or accidentally in such photographs and moving images.
By purchasing tickets for the Festival or by attending such event you agree to release and assign to us permission to licence all images, whether still or moving, and to use such images, as well as any associated sound recordings, in any media for any purpose which may include, amongst others, reporting, advertising, promotion, marketing and publicity for any product, service or future event.
You agree that any images may be combined with other images, graphics or text (including your name), cropped, edited altered or modified. You further agree that we will have all rights to such images and associated sound recordings in perpetuity and you acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any further payment, consideration, accounting or further claim for any reason.
7) Festival management reserves the right to refuse admission in reasonable circumstances.
Restrictions and Prohibitions
8) Smoking is prohibited in all of our indoor or covered locations at the Festival. This includes the use of e-cigarettes and personal vaporisers.
9) The use of cameras, mobile phones, video cameras or any other recording equipment is strictly forbidden at any of the sessions.
10) Please arrive in plenty of time for the session you wish to attend. It is not always possible to admit latecomers once the session has started. If a suitable break, or interval occurs it may be possible to allow access, however the management reserves the right to refuse admission in reasonable circumstances.
Refunds, Cancellations and Changes to Programme
Refunds and Cancellations
11) Subject to Clause 16, tickets may be exchanged or refunded if the Festival is:
a) cancelled by us;
b) rescheduled by us; or
c) there has been a material change to the Festival.
(Changes to performance times, speakers or event topics shall not be considered a material change.)
PROVIDED THAT we shall not be liable to you if the Festival is cancelled, rescheduled or there is a material change to the Festival due to circumstances beyond our control.
12) The purchase of tickets to the Festival constitute acknowledgement and acceptance of the Health and Safety terms set out below.
13) Tickets are sold subject to our right to make alterations to the Festival programme schedule or to the speakers and authors as necessary. Where possible, changes will be communicated to ticket holders in advance via email.
14) We reserve the right to amend the Festival format at our sole discretion and this may include replacing the Festival with a socially distanced Festival, a reduced capacity Festival or another format at our sole discretion. The delivery of the Festival under such a format change shall be deemed delivery of the Festival and we shall have no further liability whatsoever in respect of the Festival.
15) Speakers and/or content are subject to change. We cannot refund tickets if speakers have cancelled but the event is still taking place.
16) Health and Safety
a) You must comply with all relevant statutes, safety announcements and venue regulations whilst attending the Festival. We have been and will continue to closely monitor the situation and regulations with regard to Covid-19 and will advise ticket holders in advance of any specific requirements that may affect them or their attendance.
b) If, due to Covid-19, we cancel the Festival prior to the start date, you shall be entitled to a refund.
c) If you are unable to attend the Festival owing to being directly affected by Covid-19 (including contracting the virus or being asked to self-isolate by the official NHS Track and Trace app (or its successor)), providing you notify us in advance by contacting email@example.com, you shall be entitled to a refund, subject to reasonable evidence of your being affected by Covid-19.
d) We reserve the right to refuse you entry to the Festival if you are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or if you breach any of these terms and conditions. If you are refused entry under this clause you shall not be entitled to a ticket refund.
17) During the Festival lost property will be taken to the Information Point located in the festival Box Office.
18) Once the Festival ends all unclaimed lost property will be passed to the hotel concierge. Items will only be kept for a period of fourteen days following the last day of the festival.
19) Neither we, nor Cliveden House, will be responsible for any loss, theft or damage of your personal belongings.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
20) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the parties agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation.